NEXT is committed to the following Business Principles in all countries, taking into account local legislation, cultural and religious practices:
- NEXT's business objective, and that of management and employees at all levels, is to develop and deliver the Company’s solutions and services in such a way as to create value that can be sustained over the long term for shareholders, associates, customers, stake-holders and the countries economies in which NEXT operates.
- NEXT does not favour short term profit at the expense of successful long term business development, but recognizes the need to generate a healthy return each year in order to maintain the support of our organization and stakeholders.
- NEXT recognizes that its customers have a sincere and legitimate interest in the behaviour, beliefs and actions of the Company behind brands in which they place their trust, and that without its customers the Company would never can exist.
- NEXT believes that, as a general rule, legislation is the most effective safeguard of responsible conduct, although in certain areas, additional guidance to staff/associates in the form of voluntary business principles is beneficial in order to ensure that the highest standards are met throughout the organization.
- NEXT is conscious of the fact that the success of a corporation is a reflection of the professionalism, conduct and the responsible attitude of its management and employees. Therefore recruitment of the right people and ongoing training and development are crucial.
National Legislations, Statutory Compliance and International Standards
NEXT accentuate that, as least, its associates/employees must comply with the laws applicable in the countries in which it operates.
NEXT ensures that the highest standards of responsible conduct are met throughout the organization, by complying in a responsible way with the NEXT Corporate Business Principles, which guide Company activities and relationships in each industry and verticals of business interest.
Human Capital and Operational Work Place
NEXT regards its personnel/associates as its most valuable asset. Involvement at all levels starts with open communication, whether on specific aspects of the business, or about the activities of the Company in general. Suggestions for changes and proposals for improvements of NEXT’s practices are always encouraged.
The NEXT’s business practices are designed to
- Establish staff relations based on trust, integrity and honesty.
- Maintain respect for basic human values, attitudes and behavior.
- Respect employee’s privacy.
- Comply with applicable data protection regulations and apply NEXT standards in those countries where specific legislation is not yet in place.
- Promote a sense of integrity among all employees all over the world, and apply a number of common rules while at the same time adapting the expression of these rules to local customs and traditions.
- Encourage continuous improvement through training, and the improvement of professional skills at all levels in the organization.
- Offer career opportunities based upon merit, irrespective of color, age, national origin, religion, gender, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as defined by local law. Professional skills, experience, capacity, willingness to apply and leadership qualities are the main criteria for promotion.
- Offer competitive salaries and benefits. Working hours, wages and overtime pay comply with applicable local laws and are competitive with those offered by similar companies.
- Create a safe and healthy working environment for each employee.
- Respect the right of employees to form representative organizations and to join.
- Or not to join – trade unions, provided this right is freely exercised, and establish a constructive dialogue with these unions.
- Refrain from any action restricting the employee’s right to be, or not to be, affiliated to a union.
- Treat every employee with respect and dignity, and not tolerate any form of mobbing, harassment or abuse.